Gender Outlaw: On Men, Women, and the Rest of Us
Gender Outlaw: On Men, Women, and the Rest of Us is a book by Kate Bornstein.
Part coming-of-age story, part mind-altering manifesto on gender and sexuality, coming directly to you from the life experiences of a transsexual woman, Gender Outlaw breaks all the rules and leaves the reader forever changed.
Gender Outlaw is the work of a woman who has been through some changesâ€”a former heterosexual male, a one-time Scientologist and IBM salesperson, now a lesbian woman writer and actress who makes regular rounds on the TV (so to speak) talk shows. In her book, Bornstein covers the "mechanics" of her surgery, everything you've always wanted to know about gender (but were too confused to ask) addresses the place and politics of the transgendered and intterogates the questions of those who give the subject little thought, creating questions of her own.
- Bornstein, Kate (1994). Gender Outlaw: On Men, Women, and the Rest of Us. ISBN 0679757015. OCLC 29565497.
- Link to this book at Amazon.com
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "Gender Outlaw: On Men, Women, and the Rest of Us"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles