LGBT rights in Belize
|LGBT rights in Belize|
|Same-sex sexual activity legal?||Male illegal,|
|10 years imprisonment|
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Belize face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT citizens. Male same-sex sexual activity is illegal in Belize, with a penalty of 10 years imprisonment. Female same-sex sexual activity is legal.
Additionally, under section 26 ii (d) of the Immigration Act 1958,
|â€œ||Any prostitute or homosexual or any person who may be living on or receiving or may have been living on or receiving the proceeds of prostitution or homosexual behavior. ...||â€|
is outlawed from entering Belize.
- Ottosson, Daniel (May 2009). State-sponsored Homophobia: A world survey of laws prohibiting same sex activity between consenting adults Page 14. International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA). Retrieved on 2009-05-19.
- Gay Belize - GayTimes
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "LGBT rights in Belize"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles
*Some information provided in whole or in part by http://en.wikipedia.org/