LGBT rights in Chad
|LGBT rights in Chad|
|Same-sex sexual activity legal?||Legal|
|Military service||Unknown if gays and lesbians are allowed to serve openly|
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Chad may face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Both male and female same-sex sexual activity is legal in Chad, but same-sex couples and households headed by same-sex couples do not receive the same legal protections as opposite-sex couples.
Laws regarding homosexuality
The legal standing of transgender persons is unknown.
Recognition of same sex relationships
There is no legal recognition of same-sex couples.
- President de la Republique, Code Penal, Code de Procedure Penale, Code de Procedure Civile, Code de la Nationalite, N'Djamena, 1st ed. 1967, 221 p.
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "LGBT rights in Chad"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles
*Some information provided in whole or in part by http://en.wikipedia.org/