LGBT rights in Liberia
|LGBT rights in Liberia|
|Same-sex sexual activity legal?||Illegal|
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Liberia face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Both male and female same-sex sexual activity is illegal in Liberia.
Laws against homosexuality
Homosexuality is illegal in Liberia. The penalty is a fine.
Recognition of same-sex relationships
Liberia does not recognize same-sex marriages, civil unions, or domestic partnerships.
- Ottosson, Daniel (May 2008). State-sponsored Homophobia: A world survey of laws prohibiting same sex activity between consenting adults Page 22. International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA). Retrieved on 2009-05-05.
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "LGBT rights in Liberia"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles
*Some information provided in whole or in part by http://en.wikipedia.org/