LGBT rights in Libya
|LGBT rights in Libya|
|Same-sex sexual activity legal?||Illegal|
|5 years imprisonment|
|No recognition of same-sex relationships|
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Libya face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Both male and female same-sex sexual activity is illegal in Libya.
Laws against homosexuality
Due to both legal and social reasons, many homosexuals decide to stay in the closet. Many emigrate from Libya to live in more liberal places like the Netherlands, Spain, the United Kingdom, France or the United States.
- Spartacus International Gay Guide, page 1217. Bruno Gmunder Verlag, 2007.
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "LGBT rights in Libya"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles
*Some information provided in whole or in part by http://en.wikipedia.org/