LGBT rights in Mauritius
|LGBT rights in Mauritius|
|Same-sex sexual activity legal?||Male illegal,|
|Up to 5 years imprisonment|
|Discrimination protections||Sexual orientation protected (employment only)|
While homosexuality is currently illegal in Mauritius, the nation was one of the 66 signatories of support for the UN declaration on sexual orientation and gender identity, which failed to pass. Although this indicates that the government opposes laws against consensual homosexual acts, actions to legally decriminalize such activity have yet to be made.
- Ottosson, Daniel (May 2008). State-sponsored Homophobia: A world survey of laws prohibiting same sex activity between consenting adults Pages 24â€“25. International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA). Retrieved on 2009-05-05.
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "LGBT rights in Mauritius"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles
*Some information provided in whole or in part by http://en.wikipedia.org/