LGBT rights in Oman
|LGBT rights in Oman|
|Same-sex sexual activity legal?||Illegal|
|Up to 3 years|
Homosexuality in the Sultanate of Oman is illegal according to Â§ 32 of the penal code and can be punished with a jail sentence of up to 3 years. In Oman it is said that cases only get to court if "public scandal" is involved.
That being said, many gay marriages were mostly stopped at the Northern parts of the country.
- Spartacus International Gay Guide, page 1217. Bruno Gmunder Verlag, 2007.
Oman though does not encourage it & if reported to the police people who get caught will be subjected to the above law.
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "LGBT rights in Oman"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles
*Some information provided in whole or in part by http://en.wikipedia.org/