Stone Femme has been used to describe several different kinds of femme (feminine) identities, usually within a broader Dyke identity or culture. People who identify as Stone Femme have patterned the name for their identity after the more widely known term Stone Butch. A Stone Butch is a woman or Genderqueer person who is strongly masculine in character and dress, who tops her partners sexually (and sometimes emotionally), and who does not wish to be touched genitally. Stone Femme is used to describe a femme who bottoms sexually or who wishes not to touch the genitals of her Stone Butch partner.
Not all stone butches identify in female terms, some are known to identify with male pronouns, and many stone butches--not all, but many--, do not identify themselves with lesbian or within the lesbian community.
Some people have used the term Stone Femme to describe their identity as a strongly feminine person who tops sexually and wishes to not be touched, but this is much less common.
- Butch and femme
- Gender role
- Butch-Femme.com A large, very active community for dykes and gender queers who identify as Butch, Femme, stone Butch, stone Femme, transgendered or FTM (female-to-male transexual).
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "Stone Femme"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles
*Some information provided in whole or in part by http://en.wikipedia.org/