The Transgender Child: A Handbook for Families and Professionals
The Transgender Child: A Handbook for Families and Professionals is a book by Stephanie A. Brill.
This guidebook explores the unique challenges that thousands of families face every day raising their children in every city and state. Through extensive research and interviews, as well as years of experience working in the field, the authors cover gender variance from birth through college.
- What do you do when your toddler daughterâ€™s first sentence is that sheâ€™s a boy?
- What will happen when your preschool son insists on wearing a dress to school?
- Is this ever just a phase?
- How can you explain this to your neighbors and family?
- How can parents advocate for their children in elementary schools?
- What are the current laws on the rights of transgender children?
- What do doctors specializing in gender variant children recommend?
- What do the therapists say?
- What advice do other families who have trans kids have?
- What about hormone blockers and surgery?
- What issues should your college-bound trans child be thinking about when selecting a school?
- How can I best raise my gender variant or transgender child with love and compassion, even when I barely understand the issues ahead of us?
- And what is gender, anyway?
These questions and more are answered in this book offering a deeper understanding of gender variant and transgender children and teens.
- Link to this book at Amazon.com
- Brill, Stephanie A. (2008). The Transgender Child: A Handbook for Families and Professionals. ISBN 1573443182. OCLC 183914727.
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "The Transgender Child: A Handbook for Families and Professionals"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles