Voice and Communication Therapy for the Transgender/Transsexual Client: A Comprehensive Clinical Guide
Voice and Communication Therapy for the Transgender/Transsexual Client: A Comprehensive Clinical Guide is a book by Richard K. Adler.
This is the first comprehensive clinical guide to voice and communication therapy for TG/TS clients. The authorsâ€™ goal is to aid clinicians in designing and administering a focused and efficient treatment plan, while providing the clinician with the background on and the complexities of the clientâ€™s transition process. Beginning with specific terminology, aspects of ethics and confidentiality, and competence issues, the book outlines theory, research, and practice skills, as well as treatment planning. Each chapter suggests safe, appropriate, evidence-based protocols for working in the areas of pitch, intonation, volume, rate, articulation, language, resonance, carry-over, and non-verbal communication. Other outstanding features include coverage of the wide range of considerations, including the team approach and the role of the speech-language pathologist in treatment. Chapters include case studies and the appendices and extensive bibliography further enhance the depth and usefulness of this resource. An accompanying audio CD shows "before and after" communication therapy examples from ten M to F clients. An ideal resource for providing compassionate, focused and successful treatment for TG/TS clients.
- Link to this book at Amazon.com
- Adler, Richard K. (2006). Voice and Communication Therapy for the Transgender/Transsexual Client: A Comprehensive Clinical Guide. ISBN 159756012X. OCLC 63114174.
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "Voice and Communication Therapy for the Transgender/Transsexual Client: A Comprehensive Clinical Guide"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles